Start shopping today (limited to bedding and PC equipment in store however our entire range is available for sale on-line and via telephonic sales)
How to apply for credit
At Best Home and Electric, we offer you two easy ways to apply for credit, so you can start shopping today.
1. You can apply at a store
- Come into any of our stores.
- Bring your ID book.
- Bring your three most recent salary slips OR three months' bank statements.
- There are no application forms for you to fill in, we will fill it in for you.
2. You can apply right now, online
Just fill in the form below and press submit. It will just take a few minutes to complete and we'll get back to you.
3. You can apply by SMS
SMS 43946 with your:
- SA ID Number
- First Name
- Net Income
Standard SMS rates apply. Subject to in-store verification. For enquries, call 0800 228 444 toll free.
Please read before submitting your application: The National Credit Act requires that we get your permission to obtain your credit records and to check your financial and credit history through The Credit Bureaux . Please note that the application form below includes permission for Best Home and Electric to perform a credit check and obtain your financial and credit history.
The national credit act
The National Credit Act was put in place to protect you when you purchase something on credit and to help ensure that your rights are protected. Best Home and Electric respects your rights and is registered as a credit provider with the National Credit Regulator.
In terms of the Act you can expect the following from Best Home and Electric:
- When making a purchase, Best Home and Electric will explain the terms and details of your credit agreement to you.
- Best Home and Electric will not grant you credit if you cannot afford to repay the loan.
- All credit agreements between you and Best Home and Electric will be written in plain language.
- Best Home and Electric will ensure that all credit information is given to you in any one of five languages of your choice.
- Best Home and Electric will be transparent about costs, fees, interest rates, total instalments and various other details.
The Act gives you, the consumer, the following rights:
- To receive full information about your credit agreement.
- Not to be discriminated against in the credit assessment process.
- To have clear and understandable language in the credit agreement.
- To receive information about yourself from the credit bureaux and challenge the information.
- To get help from a debt counsellor if you are in debt.
Contact the National Credit Regulator for more information on their call centre number: 0860 NCR NCR (0860 627 627)